Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spring Jonquil


Oil on 5x7 archival canvas panel.

These flowers have bloomed in my yard here in Ohio every Spring. They don't stay around long. It seemed every time I got in the mood to paint them they weren't in the mood to pose...they withered up and left town till next year! Well this time I didn't procrastinate and caught 'em in the act of lookin' good. The paint is applied thickly for good textural effect. The sharp value contrast creates tension and excitement. This is about expression and creating! I hope you like it.

Unavailable

Email me to chat.

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

My ArtByUs

rov 11:13 A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Dean. You waited for just the right inspiration to catch those jonquils. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Frank...I hadn't looked at it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails