Friday, April 18, 2008

Albino Tiger


Thanks, Mithila, for all those great images! She was gracious enough to supply the reference photos for this week's WDE at the Wet Canvas.
I chose the tiger 'cause I love a tiger's appearance... its' majesty. But this albino tiger grabbed my attention for the very unconventional colors...very untiger-y.
This is oil on a 7x5 archival canvas panel. I first pre toned the panel with several warm acrylics. The marbled toned surface looked so good, I had to force myself to paint on top of it. Much of the acrylic shows through in the painting.
I used both a painting knife and a brush...I'm happy with the texture. Hope you enjoy it!

Available

Email me to inquire about purchasing

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

'FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT'

II CORINTHIANS 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails