Wednesday, April 23, 2008

White Rooster


Oil on 7x5 archival canvas panel.

I quite frequently set specific goals for myself before beginning a painting. My goals for this rooster were: use varied, close value, broken color....Use plenty of paint( gobs)....use the painting knife for a larger percent of the painting than I normally do (stay away from the brush as much as possible thus avoiding getting caught up in unnecessary detail)....mix much of the colors directly on the panel.

To these ends I feel I was fairly successful. Right now I'm happy with it....gotta look it over a little while.


Unavailable

Email me

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Prov 11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dean- thanks for the good feedback on my little video. Oh, how I love the effects of a palette knife. I'm so stingy with paint usually, it helps me loosen up when I remember to pick up the knife. This rooster is positively juicy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan! I love seeing other folks' palette knife paintings...for me it will take some getting used to. But I do love the effects!!
    BTW- You have some absolutely beautiful work on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails