Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Daises Floral


Oil on 7x5 archival canvas panel.

A perfect symbol of Spring! A fawn amongst new forest growth...the continuance of life..the start of a magnificent adventure. The paint was applied with both a painting knife and a brush. Great texture.

Another attempt at a fresh bunch of strokes, varied in color & contrast hopefully finally coming together like the shapes of a jigsaw puzzle to form a recognizable image of flowers which is of a captivating composition and interest holding surface texture, and furthermore, any small section picked at random should in itself be a little gem of an abstract when beheld separately from the rest of the painting. Whew!! No dang wonder painting wears me out! Excuse me, I'm gonna take a nap.

Available

Email me to inquire about purchasing

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

3 comments:

  1. This painting stuff is hard work both physically and mentally, huh? I sometimes wonder if I'm up to it, lol. This is really nice Dean. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Barb...And that's only mentioning a few things that we should all bear in mind in the hope of doing a successful painting. With all that rattling around in my head (even when I'm NOT painting) forgive me if I stare into space a lot while incoherently mumbling to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that sounds like me Dean staring into space incoherently mumbling to myself. Huh? I'm sorry, did you say something?

    Nice painting by the way. I like how you explained it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails