Monday, April 21, 2008

Jonquil Floral


Acrylic on 5x7 archival canvas panel.

I'm still on a little explorative jaunt. I'm trying to go to places I've never gone before in acrylics...funny...just had a flash back of Star Trek, heh. My mission is to push the envelope of contrast until the light makes you squint. That's why there are extreme darks here...they are needed to express the bright light. Must go now...I'm informed we have Klingons approaching at warp speed.


Available

Email me to inquire about purchasing

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Prov 11:1 A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dean, You're a hoot, I'm a old Star Trek fan too. Painting with acrylics, huh? I love the oil, can't imagine going back to acrylics. You're doing really nice work with them though. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Barb...thanks for stopping in!
    yes, I turned to acrylics to break out of the doldrums I was slipping into with my oils. I fully intend to get back to the oils very soon...maybe even the next painting. I love the oils for the beautiful textured strokes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails