Friday, April 25, 2008

Wild Turkeys



Oil on 5x7 archival canvas panel.

Benjamin Franklin suggested the wild turkey for the national bird...because it is so savvy and wary. The Bald Eagle won out. I for one am glad the Eagle won...it's a sad thought to be eating the national emblem on Thanksgiving.... .

This is oil on 5x7 archival canvas panel. For this one, I covered the support with black gesso. It's a lot of fun to paint against the black backdrop!! I used a painting knife where I could, and tried to avoid unnecessary detail.
Thanks for the great references for this week's WDE at Wet Canvas, Ruby.

Unavailable

Email me

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Prov 11:4 Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death

2 comments:

  1. Dean, This is excellent, I really like the black background. My husband just returned from several days of hunting turkeys, he didn't bring one home. They're tough to hunt but he loves it. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb...Thanks for commenting. Yep, those ol' boys are hard to get a bead on...But it's such a joy to be out in nature just soaking in the sights and sounds. Hope your hubby gets one the next time out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails