Friday, April 11, 2008

Native American Portrait


This is oil on 7x5 archival canvas panel.
As usual, I first toned the support with a mixture of warm acrylics. I tried to keep the colors and strokes fresh by not overworking. I think I succeeded on some parts. As for the others...there will be a next time...another painting down the road. The highlights on the right edge of her face in the close up jpg. aren't quite as stark IRL.

Available

Email me to inquire about purchasing

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Prov 10:11 The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked.

8 comments:

  1. Nice Dean, I like the reflections in her hair and you really get the sense she's looking into the sun. Great colors too. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping in and for the kind comment, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi dean, i really like your brushstrokes on this, her face is quite stunning, love her eye. and the bold color choices really lend to the feel of the painting and compliment her attire nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Deano... she's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I've enjoyed catching up here!

    Great colors.

    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Christine! It's great having your observations on this. You have pointed out some of the things I was trying to achieve here...now I feel as though I were successful to an extent. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping in, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails