Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Longhorn Revisited


Oil on 5x7 archival canvas panel.
This painting was originally posted on March, 22nd. I had some reservations when I posted it but wasn't too sure as to why. I came up with what I believe is the solution to my doubts...the color of the steer and the color of the sky were very strong and very separate. They both had to be integrated to exist in harmony upon the same canvas. By adding more variations of color...some sky into the steer... some steer into the sky, it simply "feels" better. This is a recurring problem ( and solution) for me.
Available
Email me to inquire about purchasing

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Prov 3:34 Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly. The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job tweaking this one Dean. It looks much better this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Frank...I greatly appreciate the comment. C&C welcome!! That's one of the perks of a blog...the chance to get meaningful advice and comments to jog my sometimes napping "art brain" into awareness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails