Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Time For Elegance-Mantel Clock

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to The White House Challenge at DPW posted by Carol Marine .

Google now allows you to view the inside of the white house, interactively. Carol supplied us with the link And we were supposed to search out a painting composition. Here's the White House link: www.googleartproject.com/collection/the-white-house/museumview

I selected this elegant mantel clock which has a mirror in the background.

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

These challenges have a way of taking you out of your comfort zone, Well, this one took me WAY out of mine! But it was enjoyable...especially toward the end.


Philippians 4:13 "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

6 comments:

  1. Dean, this was so well painted! What a wonderful and unusual topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful...such an wonderful challenge, Dean...and thanks for the link..very interesting.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always paint the most interesting things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the only painter I know who consistently makes stuff like this absolutely work! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un challenge fabuleux et vous avez fait un choix qui est bigrement difficile. Toutefois avec votre talent mon cher Dean cette nouvelle peinture est encore une merveille.
    J'aime sa composition et le travail de la lumière sur cette pendule, elle est fort bien traduite. Les nuances de couleurs très subtiles.
    Bravo !
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is indeed elegant and oh so beautifully painted, Dean. Sigh...brings to mind the riches of the palace in Versailles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails