Saturday, April 28, 2012

Great Pyrenees #2-Dog

close ups




Oil on 6x6 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Lin was the gracious hostess. Thanks for the great reference photos.
My first ever painting of a Great Pyrenees mountain dog was on the April 6 WDE that was hosted by Mary. Here he is. So here I am doing another.... Guess I can't resist that white fur.

I broke out the painting knife for this one for a change.
Thanks for looking!

NA

My Etsy

Proverbs 18:10 "The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."

7 comments:

  1. Such delicious texture and color! Love this, Dean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This beautiful and gracious , plus I like the color you used.
    congratulation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'ai envie de caresser ce charmant toutou. Le travail des blancs est magnifique cela lui apporte un regard très doux.
    JOLIE PEINTURE.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so captured the look of this gentle giant, Dean. Beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what a sweet face! Just beautiful work Dean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent painting, Dean! His personality shines through!! I've been away, so I missed your "Floral Glory #2"..Gorgeous piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks majestic just like his breed. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails