Friday, May 18, 2012

Shady Characters-Flamingos

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Mike was the great host. Those were terrific reference photos.
I decided on these dramatically lit flamingos. The picture almost turns into an abstract with a slight squint of the eyes.
The mysterious shade/colors was the challenging feature of this.
Hope you like it!

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Dean. I love how you've handled the light and shadow in these lovely large birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your shady characters, Dean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work, Dean. perfect light and shadow! a success!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Dean!... You sure made the most of the design and dramatic lighting to create that quick shift in values... in such a short space!

    A real gem!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so nice. The background really make them stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. now that is a great flamingo painting! (and I was born in Florida, so I am an expert ...haha!) Great work

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails