Saturday, January 16, 2010

Painting Excursion

Dominique Eichi started a group called "The Flying Moleskins". Each member has their own sketch book. He/she makes a drawing and sends the book to the next artist. It will take over a year to make the whole cycle and for my book to make it back home (full of great art from my friends). Please take a look at "The Flying Moleskins" and follow our journey.

I did this little sketch of Mr. Mole from the animated film "Wind In The Willows". Mr. Mole is excited about all the places his journey will take him. It was done with a set of Shades Of Grey Pitt Pens.
My book has no theme. The artists will simply do what they enjoy the most...make art!!

I am looking forward to all the great art to come!

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

7 comments:

  1. I will be foloowing this adventure for sure! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute drawing Dean. What a terrific adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's the perfect emissary! Great drawing, Dean. Looking forward to seeing everyones art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool drawing, Dean. Hope he has many fun adventures... -Don

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this on Dominique's blog! Great character Dean and may his journey be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For many years this was my pet name for my husband."Mr. Mole"! He is my ex husband now, but we are friends. Moles are cute! You've done a dear drawing here of Mr. Mole and his new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Mr. Mole looks well prepared for this exciting journey. I still think you used my tummy as a reference for his tummy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails