Monday, April 16, 2012

Locked On-Tiger

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to The Up Close Animal Challenge at DPW posted by Taryn Day.
Taryn wrote: The challenge is to paint a close-up of an animal's face. Use the edges of your panel to crop or frame the face with a minimal amount of background space. Try and figure out what thoughts may be behind those non-human eyes.

I have always enjoyed painting animals' eyes! Eyes are the " Mirror of the Soul". The eyes of animals are actually capable of showing a range of expressions. Plus I had fun with all the colors involved in the coat of this tiger.
I hope you like it.

Available
... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

11 comments:

  1. Stunning, Dean! A truly powerful piece with gorgeous colors. I thought I was seeing a photograph in the thumbnail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and expressive eyes ... congratulations, beautiful approach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A deep glance and beautiful colours, Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cropped version. Beautiful colors on this piece..and of course, wonderful eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. I really like the strength
    f color and design but have to admit the eyes catch and hold my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh...Thanks, Sherry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Mayra and Sylviane!! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Hilad... I,too, like the very close crop on this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie...Thanks very much for your kind comment! Please stop back again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails