Friday, April 06, 2012

The Guardian-Great Pyrenees

Close ups



Oil on 6x6 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Mary was the gracious hostess. Thanks for the great reference photos.

Mary explained this is a Great Pyrenees that was bred to guard stock for shepherds. A very noble looking dog!

I started out with the intent of 100% painting knife. But I became impatient and resorted to the loaded brush about halfway through.

I hope ya like it! Happy Easter!!

Unavailable

 My Etsy

John 20:13 They asked her, “Woman, why are you crying?”“They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.” 14 At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like my Mariah I had until I sold my dairy goats , then had to find her a new home. You captured the look of these wonderful, faithful dogs beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look like a proud dog! I love the relationship of the white fur to the background. So clean !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've done this breed proud, Dean. I've seen those dogs in shows for years and you've painted one fine looking Great Pyrenee. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's lovely. I love the clean bright white against the orange. Wonderful dog portrait.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails