Saturday, March 13, 2010

Iris Garden

Close ups

Oil on 7x5 archival canvas panel.

Ahh...Spring is just around the corner!! My all time favorite time of year. Warmth...Growth...Life! Thank you, God, for allowing me to experience another Spring.

Once again, as I did last week ( the coyote painting Fri., March 5th) , toward the last of the painting, I used the brush much like a painting knife. Load a gob of under mixed paint and slide it unto the canvas with one swipe...go back and re load. Makes for good texture and paint mix surprises.

The source photo was supplied by Helen for the WDE at Wet Canvas.

Available
To view or have the chance to place a bid, please click here.

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Song of Solomon 6:11
I went down to the grove of nut trees to look at the new growth in the valley, to see if the vines had budded or the pomegranates were in bloom.

11 comments:

  1. my tulips and daffodils are leaping out of the ground and the purple leaf iris are making a show!

    Thanks for the lovely preview of spring. The garden taught me that purple and green is a great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'aime beaucoup les iris. Leur couleur est tellement "iris" il n'y a pas de mot...
    Il arrive le printemps... il est déjà dans notre coeur, dans notre tête, sur notre palette!...
    Amitiés.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank you for brightening up my day with another glorious painting Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful painting, my friend - I can tell you were having fun painting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work, Dean. I am reminded of my grandmother's yard for some reason. When we were little we'd always go over there for family barbecues (and my grandparents had 6 kids, all of whom married and had their own kids so it was a big group)...I remember their brick garage and the irises growing in the back...a little less sunlit area. Love the memories this piece evoked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Kaylyn...Green and purple is a nice combo...new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martine...So true! Spring is busting out all over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Sheila! Thanks for brightening my day with your beautiful comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Edward...On this one,I gave up trying to paint anything bearing a resemblance to realistic detail and let fly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumn...Thank you for your very thoughtful comment! If this little piece of 5x7 hardboard revived such precious memories, it has certainly done it's job.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the use of negative space in this one Dean. It's one of my favorite tools in a painting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails