Saturday, September 01, 2012

Tip Of The Hat-Figurative

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Scatty was the hostess who supplied this great reference photo!

I loved the joyful mood of this one! The "Coat Of Many Colors" is an old Dolly Parton song that kept running through my head.

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Genesis 37:3 Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age; and he made him a coat of many colors.

8 comments:

  1. Excellent painting! Great hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean, you are an amazing artist, my friend. This is fabulous and the hand is perfection. Excellent job on the hat, the costume...just a perfect piece all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! This painting deserves to be painted big!!! Love the hat and your use of orange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Dean. So lively and happy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Dean... Another gestural gem... painted with coats of many (bright) colours. It is a treat for the eye... and the imagination!

    AS always your paintings are always a feast for the eye... and the spiritual content so uplifting to the soul!

    Good Painting!~
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a large painting and how you managed this on such a small sizes amazes me.
    Beautiful colors!
    I thought I had left a comment on your egg painting saying how much I liked it and it was really, really good.
    Couldn't see it so here it is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails