Saturday, September 15, 2012

Wild Thing-Wolf

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 hardboard.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Jean was the hostess who supplied this great reference photo! Thanks, Jean!

I chose the wolf. I have done many in the past. Wolves are majestic, fearsome, beautiful, and heartbreaking all at once.

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Hebrews 11:30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days

10 comments:

  1. great looking wolf..love the blue cast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with your thoughts on the wolf, Dean. This one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! I like the "beware" look in his eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This painting has real presence, Dean. I love the psychological and compositional tension that you create with the horizontal band to the left.

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Celeste! I always like to work in a "counter color" whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry...Wolves always evoke feelings in me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunny..He would make you stop in your tracks, wouldn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Ingrid! I really appreciate your thoughtful insight on this piece! Thanks for taking time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the brushwork and colors in the fur very much Dean. You captured the power of a wolf in this. What a change from Dream Team Cat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails