Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Woodland Watch-Blue Jay

Close ups

Oil on 7x5 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to The Birdbrain Challenge at DPW posted by that really fine artist, Carol Marine.
Carol said: Your challenge this week is to paint any bird of your choosing.
Those directions were simple enough...even for a birdbrain like me. :lol:

I really like the brash blue jay! He sounds off at the slightest disturbance which warns all the critters within earshot to be on the lookout. Many folks hate his noisy behavior and the threat he sometimes poses to other birds. But I love the color and the bluejay is only doing what God designed it to do.

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

12 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Another lovely! i also love the bright blue of these birds, especially in winter. They can come to my feeders anytime. Nice painting, Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je suis très heureuse de pouvoir à nouveau découvrir et admirer vos oeuvres après mes longues semaines d'absence...
    Cette dernière peinture est très belle. J'aime le contraste des couleurs avec le fond. Votre geai semble me fixer... Il a l'oeil vif.
    Gros bisous à vous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! Every stroke counted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Dean!... A very a propos choice for the challenge! Blue raiders these birds are ... everywhere and shrieking on our property at the moment!

    You have captured the alert... cocky attitude and confidence of this blue eye-on-the-prize marauder!

    I love them too Dean! They are Fall... they are Canada... they are... our major league Baseball team! HA HA!!

    Good stuff my Friend!

    Good Fall Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love the bluejay, Dean. I don't know which I favor more, the cardinal or the bluejay, in fact. My two favorites out there though. Your portrait is just beautiful and I love the way you've situated him. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the blue against the orange and the orange under painting coming through. Great little painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dean, you bluejay is superb! The colors, the strokes, the twist of his neck - all perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, Dean! I love the pose and the fall colors of the background serve as the perfect foil for the blue of the jay. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really , really love this one. Colors and texture! The design is really eye catching too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully painted, Dean!!! Wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beauty and the colors just shine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails