Thursday, September 06, 2012

Are You My Daddy?-Bulb Still Life

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 hardboard.

This is my contribution to The Lightbulb Challenge at DPW posted by that really fine artist, Carol Marine.
The assignment: Find a light bulb. Paint it. Have fun with it! My kind of assignment! Thanks, Carol! :)

The title could very well be the burning question in many a little nite lite's mind.

I wanted to do this painting Fast and Loose! Something really desirable in paintings....not so much in significant others...Lol.
So I went with large brush..generous paint. Keep it moving. If I started to slow down to nit-pick at details I forced myself to move on!!
I like the result. Hope you do too! :)

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

10 comments:

  1. Dean, Leave it to you to take a simple challenge and do something extraordinary. Fantastic painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome light bulb! I wish I had time to join in the challenge this week. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure like what you've done with these two dim bulbs, Dean. The screw bottoms are exquisite and that big bulb makes me crave a cupcake (yes, no rhyme or reason to the way my mind works; I don't get it either)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, Dean, and the title is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done like usual Dean and what a clever title!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY nicely done, Dean...love the brushwork!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job....love the cool temperature in the bulbs against the red table...nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails