Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Remembering The Gift-Christmas

Merry Christmas

Close ups


Oil on 6x6 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's DPW's Holiday Cheer Challenge posted by Carol Marine.
This challenge is about painting anything that is meaningful to you this holiday season

I keep our Savior uppermost in my heart.
The true spirit of Christmas is giving and...what you give is Love.
You will receive more back than what you gave...
The wrapped gifts are symbolic...
The true gift is love.

I would like to use this post to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May your fondest dreams come true in the coming year.
Thanks to all my blogger friends for all your kind support through the great trail and trial of canvas and paint.
God bless you all.
Luke 2:7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.
14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a question for you bloggers. Have you been having problems with the click to enlarge feature on Blogger? Ever since they started the "Shadow Box" a few months ago, my images won't enlarge and it drives me nuts. The "Shadow Box" feature is the black slideshow page that appears when an image is clicked on. Any thoughts on this will be very much appreciated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update:12,27,11...Looks as if the problem of enlarging the image is solved, at least with this post...Lol. This "shadow box"-Picasa stuff has got it all messed up. Call me retro if you like. I'd like the good old way back.

17 comments:

  1. You ever amaze me at the way you make the focal point shine. Beautiful...and Merry Christmas to you too! I do hope your days are merry and bright. Happy Painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting Dean, and a merry Christmas to you as well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Une peinture remplie d'émotion et qui honore gracieusement cette période de l'année qu'est la douce nuit de noël...
    Je vous renouvelle mes voeux...
    Gros bisous.

    Lorsque je clique sur vos images, je n'ai pas de problème, je peux voir en format plus grand vos oeuvres merveilleuses... Il est vrai cependant qu'avec l'ancienne version, nous pouvions les agrandir encore davantage... j'espère que cela pourra vous aider.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lady is beautiful, Dean. As always, your work is stunning. I wanted to tell you that Jack teared up and choked up when he opened his painting. He loves the painting! I wish you the merriest of Christmases, Dean, and that you find both joy and comfort this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous piece, Dean!!! She's beautiful! Happy Holidays as well!! Also, I have no problems enlarging your paintings..thank goodness! because I love to see closeups!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Angela! Glad you like the focal point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping in, Vern! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martine said: A painting filled d' emotion and which gracefully honours this period with l' year qu' is the soft Christmas Eve… I renew you my wishes… Large kisses. When I click on your images, I n' do not have a problem, I can see in larger format your marvellous works… It is true however qu' with l' old version, we could increase them still more… j' hope that will be able to help you.

    Thank you, Martine!
    Right after I posted this yesterday, it seems the enlargement started halfway working...amazing! Image #1 not so good, but #2 and #3 enlarge pretty well.
    Maybe Blogger is starting to work concerning enlarging...I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very, very, much for letting me know, Sherry! hat puts a warm glow on my Christmas already!
    Merry Christmas to you, Michael, your children, grand children, puppies, and all the rest at your house this season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Hilda!
    Yes, it appears the image enlarger is working now! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Veru beautiful, Dean..
    Wish you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done and with feeling. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEautiful Dean and so perfect for the season. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dean...so much emotion in this piece. Wonderfully done! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dean, this painting perfectly represents this lady deep in thought. I am amazed at your people portraits as well as your animal paintings! They bring so much expressive feeling to the viewer.

    I too, have no problem enlarging your photos. I love seeing the texture of the canvas beneath the paint.

    Hope ypu had a blessed Christmas day and wishing you many blessings for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just saw this one on wc and had to come to your blog to see if it was here too. This is outstanding Dean, so beautiful, so serene... love it! Hope you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just saw this on wc and had to come over to see if you posted it here too. Love it Dean, this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails