Thursday, December 29, 2011

Not Guilty-Christmas Basset

Close ups

LinkOil on 7x5 hardboard.

This is my contribution to this week's DPW's The Aftermath Challenge posted by Carol Marine.
She said, Get down and funky with wrapping paper in all its varieties. De-stress after a frantic family gathering. Break away and PAINT!

The face on this little basset's face says it all! He fits the aftermath scenario.
Actually I reached back and copied a painting I made in Dec. 2010. I tell ya, folks, copying ain't easy! It's a great learning experience in itself.
Hope you enjoy it! :)

NA

My Etsy

Luke 5:34 And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them?

19 comments:

  1. Dean, he's wonderful. The eyes say it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable, love the expression! and just perfect for the DPW challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious! You are such a master in rendering such an adorable look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love his eyes, Dean!! You did a great job with this Basset Hound..wrinkles and all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY with that look he will NEVER be guilty !
    Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have a smile when I leave your pages Dean. I smiled heartily when you painted the one last year.. This little guy is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know, Dean, I am thinking you could make a small fortune painting animals for their owners--you are hands down the best at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any hound face is adorable with its melted chocolate eyes. Lovely piece, Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a little cutie. I gotta get back to the easel - it's been too long.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your supportive words, Kathryn and Robie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the high praise, Sheila! I have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Hilda...Yes, bassets have extremely expressive faces! Gotta love'em!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Dominique..Talk about manipulative...Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Catherine! A smile is a great reward! Now I'm smiling! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My cheeks are red! Thanks for the huge compliment, Celeste!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are quite right, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  17. By all means...hurry up! Get to painting, Lokelani!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought this looked familiar, Dean. I went back and compared your two paintings and I'd say the only significant difference between the two is the date. :-) Great job, again!

    Happy New Year, my friend!

    -Don

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for checking them out and the comparison, Don! I kinda felt this was the best copy of my own stuff that I have done. Thanks for supporting that feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails