Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Frosted Flakes Guy-Tiger

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 hardboard.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. The host was Mike, and he provided great photos to work from. In fact, the tiger reference really looked Grrrreat to me.

I set myself the goal to push the color this week for a more expressive painting. I feel this one is more in line to how I painted a few years back. It was really enjoyable!

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Titus 3:7 Jesus treated us much better than we deserve.He made us acceptable to God and gave us the hope of eternal life.

9 comments:

  1. Dean.. This Guy is "Grrrrrate! Love the soulful expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tiger is much nicer looking than Tony. What a beautiful piece so spectacularly painted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look on this guys face. It is a wonderful painting and I really like the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are both fierce! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony never looked so good! Great job, Dean!

    -Don

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Catherine and Shelly...Thanks for stopping in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Barbara! I frequently am at a loss as to what to do with backgrounds. I usually adjust it for needs of the subject as the final step in a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you both, Celeste and Don!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an amazing job on this one, Dean!!! EXCELLENT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails