Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wildthing

Close ups

Oil in 7x5 hardboard.

This was done for WDE at Wet Canvas. Jean was the gracious hostess who supplied the photo.
As if you all didn't know it already, I confess I have a love for woodland creatures of all sorts. They are such survivors. I wish there were some solution to resolve our need for land versus their need for land.

I first coated the board with a very dark red. On each consecutive pass (there were about three passes) I applied thicker paint. By the last pass it was very thick in selected spots such as the white fur above the eyes. I enjoyed this one. Hope you like it.

Available
To view or have the chance to place a bid, please click here.

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Genesis 2:20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice Deano! Thanks for sharing how you painting this one...I like the subtle touches of warm colors with the cool in the fur.

    Every so often we find these creature in our garage and have to set a live trap. We have a great wildlife refuge in our area where we set them free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'ADORE Dean cette toile... cet animal me fait toujours craquer et vous l'avez particulièrement bien réussi, il a un regard très expressif. Bises

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another precious painting Dean, animals are your love aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful painting, I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact that there's someone over on the other side of the world who loves these beautiful animals as much as I do. And your love of them comes through in your paintings Dean, both this one and the pelicans are truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great little character, Dean. Wonderful expression.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe the best thing about you as an artist is your ability to do great compositions. We all know that makes a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. another charmer...he looks friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails