Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pelicans-Revamp

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 hardboard.

This painting was originally posted in Feb. of '09.

As I was sorting through some older paintings, I came across this one. Although painted sometime before the event, this just brought to mind the plight of these creatures involved in the Gulf oil spill. I feel the suffering deep in my heart.

I modified and "hushed" some of the "bellowing" blues which were in the first version.
I'm much happier with it now. I hope you all like it!

Available
To view or have the chance to place a bid, please click here.

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Genesis 2:19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.

5 comments:

  1. Its beautiful and touches heartstrings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les pélicans m'impressionnent toujours avec leur bec...
    Belle peinture et belle harmonie de couleurs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that this has a dark and moody feeling about it. Very relevant. And, well executed. Nice!

    -Don

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color theme. Beautifully painted, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful painting, Dean, about one of my favorite birds. The tragedy down here will pursue us for decades, I believe. Love the quote from Genesis. It is a reminder that we all must become better stewards of the earth and God's creation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails