Friday, October 22, 2010

Bold And Beautiful-Cardinal

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 hardboard.

This painting is from a photo I took through a window looking into my backyard.

Cardinals are very musical with their many different calls during the Spring. The bold red color of the males was once referred to as "nature's Valentine" by one of my blogging friends.

This artwork contains two colors that always require special concentration from me...red and green. Getting a value range in red, and still keep it red, is a special challenge.

Sold

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Isaiah 10:1 Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees

8 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful painting of the cardinal. I love your paiting style and the way you painted the background too. I love cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Love everything about this painting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Dean, along with the cardinal, I really like the spontaneous brushstrokes in the foliage, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job, Dean! There's a dynamic energy that courses through the whole piece. I feel that this guy could fly off at any instant.

    I know what you mean about the challenges of working with red. I've assigned myself entire paintings in the past to work through those very challenges.

    -Don

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi dean,its very nice work.take care ben

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He really pops against that dark background. Beautiful job, Dean.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails