Sunday, January 11, 2009

Laid Back Cat


Oil on 7x5 gessoed hardboard.

Instead of my normal red, I pre toned the surface with a yellow ochre acrylic. In it's progression, it went through several stages that I really liked...sorry, I didn't take photos along the way. I aimed to keep much of it loose and mysterious. I learned quite a bit with this one.

The image for this painting was provided by Kay for this week's WDE at Wet Canvas.
Email me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

Available


See my art on eBay

My Etsy

FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT'
II CORINTHIANS 5:7

2 comments:

  1. Never painted a cat. Always intimidated with that aloof look that you've captured perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sheila. I like trying to capture that typical (c)attitude. I really enjoy painting animals of all sorts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails