Saturday, January 17, 2009

Can Can Dancers


Oil on 5x7 archival canvas panel.

I tried to capture the exuberance and motion in this one. The subject matter says "Talouse Latrec ", so I went for an impressionistic style. I wanted to put the center girl in the spotlight.

The reference photo was supplied by Christine for the WDE at Wet canvas.

Email me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com
Available

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

John 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

8 comments:

  1. How great is this! You certainly aren't limited by the subjects you paint. I LOVE the expression of the center dancer. I can feel her joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sheila! It's an uplifting pleasure to read your comments! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent motion in the skirts...you get so much information on a 5 x 7 surface! Really beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Celeste. I have to admit the faces were rather small to do much with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Dean. I do get a sense of movement with this and the focus is on the gal in the center. Bet it was fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Barb! Many times, painting to me is like doing battle. After fighting it out with the faces, I relaxed a little and it became fun at the finish. That's when the flourishes happened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Theresa...much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails