Saturday, February 20, 2010

Praying Soldier #2

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 hardboard.

This is a redo/copy of one that I painted and posted on April 12, '09.
My artist friend, Sheila, reminded me of it in a recent comment...thanks Sheila. I went back and looked it up. It was posted for last Easter.
There are some minor changes in this redo. I think I'll even go so far as to repost the commentary of 4/12/09. Happy Easter to all my dear friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I post this in the spirit of Christianity on this day of days.
Please use it as a gentle reminder to look beyond the decorated eggs...marshmallow peeps...and the chocolate bunnies. All of which are fun and a special delight to our children and the child within us.

But the true meaning of this day is the suffering which was willingly endured so that we could all be forgiven. Through His sacrifice and resurrection we are guaranteed eternal life. This perfect life which He promised appeals to the child within us...because we are indeed His children.

Also, please don't forget to pray for all those who are in the service of protecting us and for those who have given the supreme sacrifice.

Available
To view or have the chance to place a bid, please click here.

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Luke 20:36
Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.


8 comments:

  1. I remember the original! This one is just as nice--but I can't remember, was there something about the first one that made us know that he was a soldier? It is heartwrenching and hopeful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting!

    Beautiful words!

    Amen.

    -Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. good painting...
    appreciate it very much

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very profoundly moving. Thanks for reposting, as I did not see the first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celeste...There was nothing more to show he was a soldier in the first. His holstered sidearm and military haircut is in both...the color of his fatigues is bluer in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great words to go along with a beautiful painting, Dean. Thank you for reposting the words with this redo. It is truly exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very moving painting.
    Stop by my blog and pick up the award I left for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, very moving, I enjoy the brush strokes as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails