Sunday, July 07, 2013

Tough Guy-Pig Portrait

 Close ups

Oil on 7x5 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Gillian supplied all the reference photos. Thanks, Gillian.

 I chose a close crop of a pig because usually pigs are fun, feel good, subjects and fairly easy to paint. It turned out I was wrong and wronger on both counts!
I was all over the map with those colors and the longer I fussed, the more baleful that eye became. I thought I'd better call it quits before he had me for breakfast with his eggs!                            

I used a heavily loaded brush and allowed the paint to mix on the canvas....gets some interesting blends that way.
C&C welcome. Thanks for checking it out!
Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

1 Corinthians:31         That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

6 comments:

  1. You're so funny, Dean!! I think you did a great job with this pig..glad you stopped when you did! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilda, I think this pg could huff n' puff and blow the wolf's house down!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry! Always a pleasure to "see" you.

      Delete
  3. It is a serious looking pig...but that's great, because pigs shouldn't always be chipper! Nice job, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed at the title. great one Dean!. I have a friend who paints pigs and they all sell. I love the expression you captured and the cool/warm light in his face - breakfast indeed! Laughing again...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails