Saturday, June 22, 2013

Like Nobody Is Watching-Dancer-Figurative

Close ups

Oil on 7x5 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Joel was the great host who supplied all the reference photos. Thanks, Joel.

 I chose this dancer. She reminded me of the poem "Dance Like There's Nobody Watching"..Auth. unknown. .Dance like no one’s watching, sing like no one’s listening, love like you’ll never get hurt, and … Live like it’s heaven on Earth!

This was done entirely with a painting knife. I like the energetic/vibrating surface and the unresolved areas that resulted.

This is oil on a 7x5 canvas panel.

C&C welcome. Thanks for taking a peek.

 Unavailable

My Etsy

1 Cornithians 10:12 “If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall.”

9 comments:

  1. beautiful painting and I love the title too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Celeste! The title popped up in my head just before I posted it.

      Delete
  2. My dear Friend Dean!... Your painting... combined with these eloquent words that you have shared perfectly reflect my own feelings this morning... having just returned from a garden celebration to honour the Life of the recently tragically passed daughter of my dearest friends John and Carol.

    I won't elaborate further here.... but I wanted to thank "You" for this post... and all of the others which never fail to uplift... boost and motivate me when I read them.

    I will be borrowing your words in my own next post. Thank you for sharing them - another perfect and timely example of the power of Faith... and the Power of "One."

    Rich blessings dear Friend!... and Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bruce, my kind friend. For making me think that some of the things I do here are worthwhile.
      I am always inspired and uplifted by your artwork, storytelling, and well written commentary.

      Delete
  3. I love the texture that the knife gives you...this is beautifully done, Dean!!! And the background color is perfect for this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my all-time favorite poems - we should all live life that way. Loved your rendering of the carefree dancer. Your palette and skill with the palette knife is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dean this is a very strong piece with the rich generously applied paint. You are impressive with the knife my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful brights on that dress.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails