Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Decorator-Terrier

 Close ups

Oil on 7x5 canvas panel.

 This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Jean was the gracious hostess.

This little guy's name is Snowball. I changed the reference to put him into a Christmas setting.
 In an attempt to keep it fresh and avoid overworking, I loaded the brush...made the stroke...went back and loaded again, etc. A stroke laid = a stroke stayed.

C&C welcome. Thanks for taking a peek and commenting!


Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

1 Peter 3:14       But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear ; do not be frightened."
Take Courage

8 comments:

  1. what a sweet looking pooch and you are so clever to make it into a Christmas scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful painting Dean, it surely is not easy to leave stroke alone, it takes a great self control. Love it!
    I once used to own a Australian Sydney Silky Terrier while I lived in Australia, a beautiful little thing and so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowball is beautiful, Dean! One of my favorite Christmas paintings to date and I'd be surprised if his owner doesn't want this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me smile. And we all need that this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a doll! A definite Christmas feel of fun and color about it and love the brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous little painting. The eyes and nose are especially great.
    The colors in your white are beautiful. Love the active brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the cutest painting ever. Love his intense look.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails