Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sweet Nothin's-Macaws

Close ups
Oil on 5x7 canvas panel.

 This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Li was the gracious hostess.

The macaws looked like they were posing for a Valentine card. It looks like one is whispering sweet nothin's into the other one's ear. The panel was first toned with red acrylic. Thanks for looking and commenting!

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Psalm 104:12    Beside them the birds of the heavens dwell;  they sing among the branches.

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful colors, Dean!! an excellent painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilda!
      I really enjoyed your landscape painting today.

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Dean!... Your colour and the gesture tell it all! You have captured the essence of tenderness... the essential ingredient for any relationship... in any species! A gem!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Bruce!
      I always look forward to your thoughtful, insightful, comments. :)

      Delete
  3. The birds are lovely, Dean, and I love the red under-painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet nothings, eh? I'd be scared of those beaks.
    You did a great job as always. You can paint anything very well it seems. Always a pleasure to visit - see good art and read your choice of the day. Always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely expressions you have given those lovely Sweet Nothings" birds of yours and the colors are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, your parrots are more realistic than someone who doesn't have them in their own home. The movement with your shading and color accuracy appear to be so true-to-life that if you are ever in need of any parrot (Kingdom: Animalia; Phylum: Chordata; Class: Aves; Order: Psittaciformes; Family: Psittacidae) pics with specific poses or angles for your work, let me know. As God ensures every bird is fed, He sends certain rescues my way to enfold into my flock, so i have a few of my own (10 permanently in my personal nest) with many photos taken.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails