Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 hardboard.

Some of you folks probably remember this painting from the past. I added a few choice strokes of color and developed it a little more for this post.
I just felt an overwhelming need to pay tribute to all those in service to this wonderful country. Honoring patriotism and God needs to take a high priority in these very trying times.

Available
... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Psalm 16:8 I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been slow on posting because my puter went kaput. Had to have the hard drive replaced. No back up...Wahh...wahhh. Ah but now the computer is running better than ever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dolly by Angela Elledge




A very talented artist, Angela Elledge, painted this in my moleskin for the Flying Moleskin project!!
It's a memorial tribute to my little unconditional friend, Dolly, who I had to part with on Feb. 25th of this year. She was my faithful companion for seventeen great years.

My photo of Dolly was downright blurry so Angela painted from a photo of a different toy poodle of similar color. I can sure see my girl's bright eyes and smile in this painting! What a beautiful job!

This was tremendously thoughtful of you, Angela! Can't wait to have the book in my hands! Thank You!

5 comments:

  1. oh the Dolly painting is so dear....(looks just like her!)
    & Your Veteran's day painting is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember your tribute painting to the veterans Dean, thanks for posting it again, it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a moving painting! Bummer about your computer, glad you're back up and running. How cute is Dolly, 17 years is a pretty good run. What a lovely tribute:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this painting, too, loved it then and love it now...especially the swipe of paint indicating his fingers.

    I loved painting this Dolly for you, but I do wish it could have been from your photo. Could you please send me some photos of her? I really want to paint the real Dolly and one without that silly seam right down the middle. Please e-mail me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful painting. I love those colors and that gesture, it's just full of emotion. And your sweet Dolly is fantastic. What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails