Friday, November 19, 2010

Summer Sun into Autumn Sun

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 hardboard.

This landscape was posted on Wed. It was done quickly and posted immediately thereafter. It was a summer scene and I felt it was devoid of life...just "blah".

I appreciate the input of my artist friends... Celeste Bergin and Pam Holnback. Please check out their fine blogs. They made several suggestions that I immediately recognized as true. I was merely temporarily "blinded" because of the freshness of the work.

For one thing, I am presently surrounded with fall colors and my muse just didn't want to tackle so much summer green. So I re-worked it into an Autumn landscape.

I'm happier with it now...but, of course (as always), there remain areas in question.

Here's a side by side for easy comparison.


Autumn Landscape is Available. Contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com if interested.

See my art on eBay

My Etsy
Proverbs 3:3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

2 comments:

  1. The older work is more muted, Old Master like colours, the new one has contrast and life! In the end both work well on the eye and your buyers make the final choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Marie, both versions seem to work. Both have harmony ...hey, and thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails