Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mirror To The Soul

This is about 30 min into the process. It looks as if the cat has applied war paint... . The color of the board is actually red and not as orange as this photo shows.

Close ups

Oil on 7x5 hardboard. This is my contribution to the WDE at Wet Canvas. The image was supplied by Sharron.
The first photo is to give you an idea about how my paintings usually start. This time I pre toned the support with red acrylic. I tried to achieve texture and active brushwork.
Hope you enjoy!!

Available- Contact me.

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Psalm 100:3 Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his ; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

22 comments:

  1. I just love seeing your work. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find cats to be a most elusive subject--you do very well depicting our feline friends. Another good one, Dean-o!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous kitty and great painting. Beautifully done, Dean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful eyes. The brushwork is very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great title! Gorgeous painting. You the man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really terrific Dean! Those expressive eyes and thank you for sharing your process with us. I always learn something from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! You do well with the red backgrounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still as good the second time around. Thanks for the comment. You are in my drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool, Dean - great eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Maria and Mi...Thanks For stopping by and your nice words!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Celeste, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,Becky...The eyes were what made this a bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Sheila...I always get a kick out of reading your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Liz...That's what is great about blogging. We can all learn so much from each other! Hope I contributed a little.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Deb...Red and black seem to be my main loves for backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Edward...Thanks, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Dean, sorry for the un-updated eBay listing. I will be relisting the ones that haven't sold tonite and will post the new link on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. He turned out great!! But I have to say that I liked him when he was orange too!!
    Hope you are well, Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nicely done, Dean! Thos warm undertones really make it glow. I'd love to see this in person!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dean,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I feel the same way when I push the publish button. It's SO cool!
    I love cats and this one is beautifully painted. I am an underpainting girl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails