Saturday, March 01, 2008

Idyllic Stream Landscape


Oil on 5x7 archival canvas panel.

Ah....The idyllic scene. Wish I were there on the banks of the stream..in the warm sunshine...How very , very, fine. How very un-February like.
A very successful painter said: "Apply your paint as though you were a millionaire." In other words: don't be stingy and skimp! Suddenly, I realized how close I am to being a millionaire...just short by somewhere in the area of 999,999,850! So, I laid the paint on with gusto!!
I applied the paint with a painting knife and brush. Achieved plenty of texture. I hope you enjoy it!

Unavailable

Email me

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Phil 4:13 Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dean, This is really nice, it does make me long for spring. I can relate to how you feel about winter, I'm in Ohio too but I think you're further north. I'm close to Cincinnati. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I appreciate your comments. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Barb. Yes, I'm up here very near the snow belt. Cincinnati usually fairs much better in the winter. Ah, but Spring is very near now.......
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails