Sunday, June 03, 2012

Valri-Portrait

Close ups


The Start...Toned panel
Oil on 7x5 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Valri was the great hostess. She supplied plenty of terrific reference photos.This is a portrait of the hostess herself.

Could have perhaps gotten a better likeness, but I don't like to fiddle with oil sketches too long. I'd rather try to keep the spontaneity.

Thanks for looking!

I included a photo of an early stage to show how I started the piece.

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 comments:

  1. you are right to not overwork it...love the look of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dean!... I can't comment on the "likeness" part that you mentioned... but I can say that the skin tones... highlights and the anatomical facial features are outstanding and more so ... because of that small 7x5 inch format!

    A gem!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dean, I am such a huge fan of your work. I always check your posts to see what you are working on, and even though I don't always leave a comment, I am always so impressed with what you have done.
    This portrait has been painted so masterfully and beautifully! It has just become a top favorite of mine!
    This is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, Dean, your portrait work is absolutely beautiful. This is truly a favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great portrait, Dean. You have a wide range of talent in your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic portrait of a beautiful and joyful person !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely exquisitely done, Dean. Your work is always phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...I think you did a wonderful job on this portrait. Her personality certainly shows through.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails