Monday, June 18, 2012

T. Rex-Praying Mantis

Close ups

Oil on 7x5 hardboard.

This is my contribution to The Insect Challenge at DPW posted by KT Montgomery.
She wrote: The challenge is to find an insect, study it and create an interesting composition. Have fun!

The formidable looking praying mantis reminds me of the T. Rex of the insect world. The ladies don't believe in divorces either. :lol:

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

16 comments:

  1. This is awesome Dean. He really DOES look like a t rex! Not being a fan of creepy crawlies myself I will probably skip this challenge. I don't think I could looka t an insect that long!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. confimed! Dean can paint everything and anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Il faut que je fasse attention de ne pas me faire manger !!!
    Une très belle peinture couleur "menthe à l'eau" !...

    Gros bisous à vous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bugs. Shudders. Still, a great job of a painting, Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dean, it's wonderful! The expression you gave makes it appear to be already on to its next victim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you, Celeste...Wish it were so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martine said: "I must be careful not to make me eat!
    A beautiful paint color "mint water!" ...

    Big hugs to you.

    Thank you, Martine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Kathryn! The mantis is one of the few insects that appear to have expression!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this! I happen to find the praying mantis rather fascinating, and you have painted this one splendidly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Claire! If any bug ever had personality...this has to be it! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Arti...Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. God morning Dean!... you have caught the ferocity and always alert nature of this creature.

    Brings together the title of an old song:
    " I Only Have Eyes For You" HA HA!

    Another great pose.. and great painting from Deano's Den!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully painted, Dean!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails