Sunday, January 08, 2012

Irresistable Iridescence-Mallard Duck

Close ups

Oil on 6x6 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to this week's WDE at Wet Canvas. Elaine was the great host. Thanks for the terrific reference photos, Elaine.

I had to have a go at the colorful iridescent greenhead.
I tried to be real generous with the paint on this one. I plopped down paint with my painting knife, and then tried to direct the texture with a brush without the brush removing the thickness I wanted to retain.

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

John 9:5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world

6 comments:

  1. Another beautiful painting Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarder les canards bourlinguer sur l'eau est toujours très apaisant. Admirer votre toile avec ce magnifique col vert l'est tout autant... Les couleurs de son plumage sont somptueuses. bravo mon cher Dean ! Un challenge encore réussi.
    Gros bisous et à très bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on this duck, Dean! Adding the iridescent green on his head added to his beauty. Great brush strokes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful composition and point of view, not to mention the gorgeous blues and greens of his head! Awesome job, Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your ducks. This one is no different. Great painting

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know what you are doing, sir! great work, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails