Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Color Me Happy

Close ups

Oil on 7x5 hardboard.

This is my contribution to this week's DPW Challenge. It was hosted by the fine artist, Carol Marine.
The challenge was to paint a self portrait....Those very words cause me to cringe a bit. I had done a few in the dim past but I could always find a more appealing subject virtually anywhere! For example, it could be anything on a table...anything in the yard...anything stuck to the bottom of a theater seat...Lol...Anything. :lol:

I pushed the colors on this one to add interest and spirit. I tried to keep it fun.
I titled it "Color Me Happy". Now that title sounds a little innocuous. I kinda favor title #2.."It's Hard To Be Humble". Based on the Mac Davis tune of the same name.

Part of the chorus goes like this:
"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
when you're perfect in every way.
I can't wait to look in the mirror
'cos I get better looking each day"

Available
... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

Proverbs 10: 3 The LORD does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked.




16 comments:

  1. A fantastic portrait! I really like this close up view, it's full of interest. And I think I'd have to gree with you on title number two. Good one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean, this is excellent! You captured the smile in your eyes which can be unnervingly difficult to achieve. I love the title you chose - it fits the intensity of the colors and the joy of the expression perfectly.

    -Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mind blowing! Even without completely showing the face, I can read your personality here..that is a touch one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous self-portrait, Dean. I love the close crop like this and the light is exquisite. You are one handsome guy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great colors and values!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank for the kind words Dean!!!! I agree with the others on your portrait......great perspective! It seems like you've been knocking on someones door for 5 minutes and you think someone is home........."Maybe a look in the peep hole might solve this problem". nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super colours and a warm and kind face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post, Dean. It made me smile. Great painting! not easy doing a self-portrait.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the bright colors and the unusual composition. I like the fact that the face is to the side. A very funky and vibrant picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job on the challenge Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely wonderful, Dean. Love the crop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AmazingWork
    thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you did a great job on your SP. I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the composition and this is exactly how I see you Dean! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails