Thursday, June 03, 2010

The Donkey Re Do

Close ups



Acrylic on 7x5 hardboard.

Sometimes, just for the heck of it, I review some of my past work. Often I feel like reworking it just to see if I have picked up any new tricks. Most times there is negligible change when I'm done...Darn!

As the title suggests, this is a re do of a painting originally done on July 5, 09. It can be seen here. I basically added a few new colors for punch and heightened the value contrast . Let me know what you really think.
Sold

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Isaiah 65:1 "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'

6 comments:

  1. what I notice is that the brushwork is more varied..more interesting. I like them both but the new one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that the lightened background makes the donkey stand out even more. Lovely and painterly Dean! He also seems to have a softer expression in his eye?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the original Dean with those warm reds, but the lighter background seem sto have made it even more dramatic and pushed the donkey forword. Either way I still love the expresion)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she is simply beautiful, Dean. I love the background too; it sets off this little beauty exquisitely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Humble and gentle little animal! Your donkey really speak to us humans, Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty face. Something about Donkeys is so endearing. Maybe those big Jack Rabbit ears. Beautifully painting Dean!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails