Tuesday, March 24, 2009
A Passion For Painting Award
Woah! Stop the presses! What a pleasant surprise to receive this award from the one and only Sheila! It's called the Passion For Painting and was created by Kim Ratigan. Sheila has it all...she's talented, innovative, and if personalities could have dimples, that would be her! Thank you, Sheila. Check out her blog here.
I'm supposed to pass this along to passionate painters which would be most everyone in the right column. But alas, I'm limited to 7 artists. These folks certainly fill the bill, because they are passionate artists all.
To those I've linked to, in turn you can link to the person who gave you the award, pass it on to 7 other bloggers whose work inspires you, and list 7 things you love. Or not.
Patrice Lynne Young
Then I'm supposed to list seven things I love. I've used these things before, but they all still hold true.
1. I love to listen to the sacred sounds of a pre dawn morning...waking bird calls...before the cars and people start to roar.
2. I love the heavenly smell of fresh coffee and sizzling bacon.
3. I love music in the Southern Gospel vein. Other times Country, 50-60's Rock and Roll, Blues, or Classic Standards when I'm in the right mood
4. I love the lure of new tubes of oil paint and the promise which they offer.
5. I love my toy poodle Dolly. She gives unadulterated love and completely forgives my mistakes. If only humans could be as compassionate..
6. I cherish the Holy Word.
7. I love all the excitement of the world of internet art. Blogging is most always a joy!