Saturday, October 04, 2008

Girl In Pink



Oil on a 7x5 archival canvas panel.
The photo from which this painting was made comes from Angie at the WDE...Wet Canvas.

Once again I made myself try a different approach. I challenged myself to Paint much looser...Keep edges soft...Underplay detail...Keep the value range higher...Keep colors softer, to fit the subject of the little girl in pink.

I am very pleasantly surprised by the outcome! What do you think?

Sold

Email me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

8 comments:

  1. This piece is lovely, her hair feel's so much like a child's when it is not always perfect. You created a nice impressionistic work, Your doing very well in loose brush strokes. I like you scriptures . thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dominique...I appreciate the kind words. I feel the scriptures are important in life and have a great influence upon my artwork.
    Best wishes, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will email your blog to my family... this is "every child" while still being my grand niece clear as day....you know I am your biggest fan always...ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ang, my WDE painting buddie! So nice to hear from you. Your blog is looking good.
    I added a link to you on my blog.
    Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really really good Dean.
    You are doing a great job with the painting looser approach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Frank. I have always admired the loose approach in painting. Not near as easy as it appears. But I enjoy the chase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dean, I love the loose brushwork in this little painting! Great effect, not easy to get.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Jennifer. This is one of my favorites. My recent attempts at the free style haven't lived up to my expectations. But I'll keep trying!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails