Thursday, August 07, 2008

Acrylic Landscape


Acrylic on 7x5 archival canvas panel.
A little painting I think of as a "Fantasyscape". It was done by applying very wet acrylic pools-letting some run together-helping others to blend with a brush or fingers. I watched what slowly evolved on the canvas and started to identify what resembled trees, clouds, etc. Then I finished out what the painting had 'given' me. In other words it more or less painted itself with a pinch of encouragement from me.

Available
Email me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Philippians 4:4: Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting Dean, it has a moody dark feel to it. It's fun to try new things, I'm in the middle of a portrait workshop and that's different for me. Painting is an ongoing fun journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel dark and moody...sort of unusual for my tastes..but I guess that's the point of the whole exercise.
    Your portraits are showing rapid improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails