Sunday, January 27, 2008

Winter Road


Oil on 5x7 archival canvas panel.
The jpg for this painting was supplied by Dominic for this week's WDE on Wet Canvas. This snow scene was quite a bit of fun to do. It was enjoyable to smoosh in the snowdrifts with juicy paint...watching all the ridges and details magically form on canvas. Hope ya like it!
Unavailable
Email me

See my art on eBay

My Etsy
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagles." ~ Psalms 103:2-5

2 comments:

  1. Love the shadows on the snow in this painting. I also like the way you left a little bit of your underpainting showing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Kim. Yes, it seems I'm a little addicted to the bits of red underpainting showing here and there. I feel it has the effect of energizing and harmonizing

    Dean.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails