Saturday, January 05, 2008

Ruffled Rooster


I loved this alarm clock with the ruffled feathers. Awhile back it seemed about all I painted was roosters. I somehow got away from it ...until I saw the great photo! It was graciously supplied by Li for the WDE at the Wet Canvas. This is oil on 7x5 archival canvas panel. Much of the visible red background is the acrylic tone which is applied first
Unavailable
Email me

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.~Luke 6:31

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dean, This is exciting. I like how you just painted the front part of the rooster. The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stoppin' in, Barbie!

    You wrote:"I like how you just painted the front part of the rooster."

    It's a method I really have fun at...to paint the focal area most completely...then leave the outer parts less and less developed. Sometimes the painting about completes itself...this felt like one of those times.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice painting! makes me think I oughta paint mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, Tracey. Your landscapes are absolutely captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dean,
    You really captured the attitude of this rooster. I like your loose style, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jennifer...good to see you again. The loose style of this rooster painting is really what I would like to hit more consistently...unfortunately my aim gets sidetracked much of the time.
    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great. Aren't roosters something!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Mary! Yeah....roosters are one of my favorite animal subjects.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails