Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gone Fishin'-Salmon Fillet

Close ups

Oil on 6x6 canvas panel.

This is my contribution to The Raw Meat Challenge at DPW posted by Sarah Sedwick.

Sarah said: Raw meat has been a popular painting subject throughout art history - keep it raw, and bring out the inner caveman - or cave painter - in all of us.

I don't always choose wisely, folks...Instead of a simple steak or pork chop...I did this salmon fillet with it's swirly muscle structure interlaced with fat. Great to eat...Hard to paint!

I tried to not be intimidated by the confusing structure and merely paint what I saw. In other words, treat it like a vase of flowers or a landscape. It really helped!
It was a strange challenge, but that's what it's all about. Learning!

Available ... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

3 comments:

  1. what a unique subject---and you did a wonderful job of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Dean...have to admit this is not something I'd ever paint! LOL Still and yet, even in the thumbnail I knew what this was so you are definitely a wonderfully successful artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Dean!... Show us the Meat!... and you did!

    Pearly and swirly pink in colour! Planked even! A feast for the eyes... and the stomach!

    Well done Dean! A gastrononic gem!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails