Tuesday, July 05, 2011

The Crew-Painting Tools

Close ups

Oil on 5x7 hardboard.
This is my contribution to this week's DPW Paint What You Paint With Challenge. The challenge was issued by Carol Marine. It went something like this...challenge this week is to paint what you paint with. Brushes, paint tubes, pastel sticks, paint cans, etc. - paint what you like.

So there they are...The crew. A badger brush, a color shaper, and painting knife.

Available... If interested, contact me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

My Etsy

1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

12 comments:

  1. Wow... I am always in awe of your skill in capturing texture. Love the composition also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you placed them crisscross to arrive at an interesting composition,, the texture of the metallic surface of the palette knife is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and simple and amazing, Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece, Dean.I like how you can see little bits of the old paint on your tools.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheila and Padmaja...Thank you both very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Sherry.

    Violetta...I can probably never do that again...Lol.

    Irit...Thank you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent painting, Dean. Very realistic...love the texture. Also, I somehow missed your Eagle portrait.! its so beautiful..again, the texture is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great challenge and you've done a wonderful job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You represented your crew beautifully! I can feel the love.

    -Don

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love paintings of stuff we paint with! Really nice job, Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic job with the textures, Dean! Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails