Saturday, July 19, 2008

Colorful Acrylic Figures


Acrylic on 7x5 archival canvas panel.
This painting was done from a reference photo provided by Roger for the WDE (weekend drawing event) on Wet Canvas. Roger issued a challenge this week: Pick one (or more) of the images with figures in and do them with just a few lines, strokes or whatever your medium requires of you. The challenge is to do the figures as simply as your medium will allow. No rubbing out, doing over etc. Make it as short and sweet as your medium will allow.

This is my answer to the challenge. It's acrylic on a 7x5 archival canvas panel. I first covered the canvas with unblended white and black gesso for a marbled effect. Then I toned it with various colors (some muted and dark, others high chroma and bright}.
This painting is unique for me....I didn't use any white paint at all. The light that is visible is the gesso shining through colorful transparent paint.
I got the first figure by painting negatively...Same for the remaining two plus colorful outlines. The area within the figures is the original toned canvas. I enjoyed doing this one .

Available
Email me at kkayangel2(at)yahoo.com

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

Psalm 33:18: The eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you used the negative space here! Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly...I appreciate it.
    I checked out your blog and was very pleased with your work! Your subject matter is nice and varied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This piece is really nice Deano... I already told you that at the wde but I have to say it again... I love the negative space...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Helen...how nice of you to comment here also. Thank you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails