Saturday, May 10, 2008

Lab Pup


Oil on 5x7 archival canvas panel.
First, I coated the surface with black gesso tinted with pthalo blue. It's a pleasure to paint against the dark ground. I used a painting knife and brush.

I was asked by several folks what my palette was for this....Permalba white, Alizarin crimson, Ultra. blue, Yellow ochre, and Burnt sienna. The lavenders that you see were from ultr. blue & alizarin crimson. The greens are from ultra. blue & yellow ochre.

Sold

Email me

See my art on eBay

My Etsy

My ArtByUs

Prov 11:27 He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him.

2 comments:

  1. Great portrait Dean. One of my favorites that you have done.
    You took a subject that could easily be too "cute" and made it a skillful painting.
    I thought that I commented on this one the other day. Guess I didn't. I meant to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Frank...greatly appreciated. I believe it is one of my favorites also.
    I visited your blog earlier today...I enjoyed walking through one of your typical days with you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails